It is also important to understand SEO is not instant, it takes at least three months to see results and remember SEO is a long-term ongoing process.
1. Have a good website. Not only should your website look good, but it needs to be well structured and easy to navigate (for Google bots and the like also). A difficult to navigate website will be just as difficult for a "bot" to navigate and result in content not being indexed. If your site is difficult to navigate or has lots of content ask your webmaster to create a sitemap for your website.
2. Have SEO friendly URLs. The URLs should describe the content they are directing you to and remember to use hyphens in URLs, not underscores. Hyphens are treated as a space, while underscores are not.
3. Write unique content. This is a MUST. Do not copy content, the "bots" will ignore your article and it will not feature high on peoples search results.
4.Start a blog/news/events section on your website. Especially if the other content on your site does not change often, this is essential. The URL should be yourwebsite.co.za/blog or news or events and add content at least once a month but preferably once a week. This content must be original and relate to your business. This gives the "bots" a reason to visit your website on a regular basis and has the added advantage of creating more keywords on which your website will be found by potential visitors.
5. Use your chosen keywords as anchor text when linking internally. Anchor text helps tell "bots" what the linked to page is about. Links that say "click here" do nothing for your search engine visibility.
7. Give links to other websites, this will encourage others to link back to you. It is necessary for your website to have links going out just as much as having links pointing to your website.
What Next?After these basics you can start looking at using social media and pay per click campaigns.
- Tags: SEO Services