Articles tagged with: SEO Services
It is also important to understand SEO is not instant, it takes at least three months to see results and remember SEO is a long-term ongoing process.
1. Have a good website. Not only should your website look good, but it needs to be well structured and easy to navigate (for Google bots and the like also). A difficult to navigate website will be just as difficult for a "bot" to navigate and result in content not being indexed. If your site is difficult to navigate or has lots of content ask your webmaster to create a sitemap for your website.
2. Have SEO friendly URLs. The URLs should describe the content they are directing you to and remember to use hyphens in URLs, not underscores. Hyphens are treated as a space, while underscores are not.
3. Write unique content. This is a MUST. Do not copy content, the "bots" will ignore your article and it will not feature high on peoples search results.
4.Start a blog/news/events section on your website. Especially if the other content on your site does not change often, this is essential. The URL should be yourwebsite.co.za/blog or news or events and add content at least once a month but preferably once a week. This content must be original and relate to your business. This gives the "bots" a reason to visit your website on a regular basis and has the added advantage of creating more keywords on which your website will be found by potential visitors.
5. Use your chosen keywords as anchor text when linking internally. Anchor text helps tell "bots" what the linked to page is about. Links that say "click here" do nothing for your search engine visibility.
7. Give links to other websites, this will encourage others to link back to you. It is necessary for your website to have links going out just as much as having links pointing to your website.
What Next?After these basics you can start looking at using social media and pay per click campaigns.
The design of the site may be eye-appealing on the outside while the SEO elements are missing, however, with a little work you can turn any SEO ugly website into a gorgeous web marketing goddess. Before you start to get your pages to rank for your targeted keyword phrases, you need to be sure that the search engines can find them, and decipher them. This goes back to making sure that you have a strong, search engine friendly website architecture.
The four main elements of SEO are:
It's important to understand that rankings don't make sales, they provide a way in the door, and those that come in at #1 may not be as ready to buy as those that come in at #10.
Once you start getting rankings, you will start to see your visitor count rise. Again, this is good, but not the ultimate goal.
This is the main goal. The end-all, be-all purpose of search engine optimization. SEO is more than just helping you get rankings and drive traffic to your site. It should also help you increase your conversion counts and percentages. A conversion can be anything you want it to be; a comment on your blog, a download of a white paper, a follow on twitter, or a purchase of a product. Its important to know what your conversions are so you can set your optimization goals to help achieve them.
Search engines are not people
Throughout the process of SEO it's important to keep in mind that the search engines, as smart and advanced as they are, are still only computer programs. They can't tell the intent, so if intent is needed in order to determine relevance of a page or keyword, the search engines are unaware. Part of the SEO process is going out of your way to spell things out to the search engines so no guessing is needed.
Thus you need to find ways make your site easy to understand, navigate and process for both the search engines and the visitors.